Skip to main content

Get Fit & Organised this 2020 with Apple.

VIEW THIS POST ON MY SITE, IT LOOKS MUCH BETTER!! 

Happy new year! It’s my first blog post of the new year and If like me you want to get a little fitter or more organized, I think Apple and iOS can really help you with that so in my first blog post I’m writing about some of my favourite apps that can help you. 

Streaks & Streaks Workouts

Streaks is a good way to break a habit or start a habit. I’ll give you an example, this 2020 I want to drink less energy drinks. I’ve got into a habit of having one a day and using this app I hope to cut the habit. 

In a way Streaks is a weird looking to do list, you mark of when you have done something you should be or shouldn’t. You can then see how well you performed in the past 7 days or month. The idea is to get as big a streak as possible. Streaks has full iOS support for iPad and iPhone and even has an Apple Watch app. All three working together with full iCloud support.  

Streaks workout is another app made by the streaks team. It has the same idea of doing tasks to build up a streak as big as possible but to archive the streak you need to do a workout. The app has many built in workouts or you can build your own with various different exercises available, things like Push ups, Lunges, Crunches and squats. 

Check out Streaks 
Or
Check out Streaks Workouts 

Reminders on iOS 13

If you haven’t already updated to iOS 13 then you’re missing out. For iOS 13 the Reminders app was completely revamped. Reminders look better, lists are more easily accessible and customizable when creating them. It now has Smart lists at the top which can categorize them in an order for a schedule or display tasks that are overdue. 

Reminders on iOS 13 is a huge improvement, however, note that if you have an older device which is on iOS 12 or below that reminders which you put on the iOS 13 version may not appear on the newer version. 

Zombies, Run!

This is an app that I have personally tried however I don’t use, I know it is very popular however for people who want to run to get in to shape, with a rating on the App store of 4.8 out of 5. You know it must be good. 

Zombies, Run! Is a running game where you play as a character in a story collecting supplies to ultimately protect yourself from the zombies. The game currently has 5 seasons with over 163 missions, each mission can last from 35 minutes to an hour. 
Activity 

The apple watch activity app is one of the best apps I think for getting yourself fit this 2020. Closing your three rings which keeps you moving throughout the day, as well as recording all your workouts on your Apple watch. 

The Activity app also has various achievements and limited-edition challenges that Apple host. For example, this January there is a challenge called “Ring in the new year” where you have to achieve all three goals for 7 days in a row. 

You can read more about the Activity app here, including how it works and how it can help you. 

This brings me to one of my other new year resolution’s. I personally felt like I haven’t been using the Activity app to its full potential. So, this year I want to achieve every monthly challenge it throws at me and every limited-edition challenge. I’m going to be doing monthly blogs called “Apple Watch Activity Blog” There’s even a new category where you can view all of these. 

Ultimately, I wish you all a happy new year, 2020 is going to be a great year for you all to achieve your dreams and challenges. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, but it certainly will be worth it. 

Until next week, 

Kyle Wilkinson 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands On WatchOS 6 - An Opinion

Good morning, Along with iOS 13, Apple announced WatchOS 6 at WWDC. The Apple Watch is one of my favorite Apple products. This year they announced several new features and below I talk about some of the new upcoming features with the Update. New Watch faces This year we see 5 new watch faces join us, These are Solar Dial, Gradient, California, Numeral Duo / Mono and Modular compact. My personal favorite watch face to use is the Infograph modular. It’s so useful being able to see this much information all from my wrist and I use it all the time because of that I can see the Modular compact being the most useful for me out of the new watch faces. This new face allows either an analogue or digital clock along with 2 circular complications and one big complication at the bottom that is similar to the one of the Infograph modular. For those of you who love to simply look at the time on your wrist the Gradient and Numerals Duo / Mono will be great for you. They both only te...

My First 10 parkruns at 10 different parkruns.

This post looks better on Kyle Wilkinson Online - Check It out here ->   https://www.kylewilkinsononline.com/post/my-first-10-parkruns-at-10-different-parkruns This week I’m writing a slightly different post. It’s all about parkrun, if you haven’t already heard of it it’s where you complete a 5K organized timed run for free and last year I finally completed my first 10, at 10 different locations. This little post is my journey on my first 10 parkruns. 1.       Blackpool (32:35) I actually did my first parkrun all the way back in 2017 in what the most northern parkrun is currently I have done. I got a time of 32:35 and the main reason I did it was to prove a point. You do not need to buy special clothes to do running. So yes, I wore a T-shirt and a pair of black jeans whilst doing this run. I didn’t think it was too bad. The biggest irony of it is since this I have in fact purchased running shoes, a pair of shorts and a running t-shirt....

iOS 13 - Hands on! (An opinion)

Good evening,  This is my hands on write up of iOS 13. At the moment I have iOS 13 Developer Beta 01 installed on my iPhone X and have been running it for about a week and a half, First let’s look at the key new features. You can check out my gallery of screenshots at the bottom of the post. Dark Mode The one everyone has been asking for, In my opinion dark mode took so long to arrive because of Apples key eye to detail. Every screen, every button and every character has been redesigned and optimized to look its best for the greatest mobile operating system in the world. As you can see in the pictures below the dark mode is applied system wide and can be easily configured to come on automatically with sunset and sunrise or it can be manually triggered in the control center in the same place as you would for Night Shift or True Tone. Reminders Reminders was completely rebuilt from the ground up! With a new more organized home screen. The app automatically groups y...