Skip to main content

Apple September 2019 Event - A quick recap

Hello, On September 10th Apple has there Annual Special event that many now call the Annual iPhone event. Here I’m providing a quick recap and my opinion of it. 

It started off small with Services, Apple reminded us all that they are going to be launching Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade soon. They finally confirmed the launch date and the prices. Apple Arcade will be £4.99 per month and Apple TV+ will also be £4.99 and this is for the whole family not just one user. Which sounds pretty decent. Inspecially for Apple Arcade, I’m still not sure on Apple TV+ but Apple are being generous with it in fact when you buy an iPhone, iPad or Mac you get a whole ONE YEAR subscription to Apple TV+. It will be very interesting to see how it pans out.

Apple Watch Series 5 

Apple have announced there newest generation of Apple Watch which is very similar to there previous 4th Gen. New features include the Always on Display and a built in compass. I’ll be going in to more detail with these later on.

iPhone 

Apple announced the iPhone 11 coming in new 6 colours. Purple, Green, Yellow, Black, White and Product Red. With a 6 inch LCD screen and Haptic feedback it does feel very similar to the iPhone XR. Expect this one has two cameras on it 2 Duel 12mp Camera. One is Wide and one is the new Ultra Wide. 

Apple also announced the new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. This comes with the new A13 Bionic chip (Which is also in the new iPhone 11) and features THREE cameras. One 12MP Wide Camera, One 12MP Ultra Wide Camera and a 12MP Wide camera. 

Both new phones look absolutely amazing and I will be going in to much more detail with these in a new blog post just all about the iPhone 11 soon.

With the new iPhones often come the controversy regarding pricing and this year Apples iPhone range seems to most competitive yet! This is the line up:
iPhone 8 - £449 $449
iPhone XR - £599 $599
iPhone 11 – £699 $699
iPhone 11 Pro – £999 $999
iPhone 11 Pro Max £1099 $1099

The apple event this September was exciting and yet disappointing, I thought they would Announce USB-C. They did not and no mention about 5G what’s so ever. (This was expected however) We saw Apple innovate there way to the “Slofies” these are selfies created with the new slow motion front camera on the iPhone 11 range. I’m super sad to see no appearance of the Apples own Tile devices. There is still time but I feel like it is unlikely. 

Stay in touch either on my website www.kylewilkinsononline.com
Or Subscribe to my blog easy on www.kylewilkinsonblog.com
Or Tweet me @kylewilkinson53

I’ll be doing a post all about the iPhone 11 Range and another on the Apple Watch. This week so stay tuned. 

Kyle Wilkinson






            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands On WatchOS 6 - An Opinion

Good morning, Along with iOS 13, Apple announced WatchOS 6 at WWDC. The Apple Watch is one of my favorite Apple products. This year they announced several new features and below I talk about some of the new upcoming features with the Update. New Watch faces This year we see 5 new watch faces join us, These are Solar Dial, Gradient, California, Numeral Duo / Mono and Modular compact. My personal favorite watch face to use is the Infograph modular. It’s so useful being able to see this much information all from my wrist and I use it all the time because of that I can see the Modular compact being the most useful for me out of the new watch faces. This new face allows either an analogue or digital clock along with 2 circular complications and one big complication at the bottom that is similar to the one of the Infograph modular. For those of you who love to simply look at the time on your wrist the Gradient and Numerals Duo / Mono will be great for you. They both only te...

My First 10 parkruns at 10 different parkruns.

This post looks better on Kyle Wilkinson Online - Check It out here ->   https://www.kylewilkinsononline.com/post/my-first-10-parkruns-at-10-different-parkruns This week I’m writing a slightly different post. It’s all about parkrun, if you haven’t already heard of it it’s where you complete a 5K organized timed run for free and last year I finally completed my first 10, at 10 different locations. This little post is my journey on my first 10 parkruns. 1.       Blackpool (32:35) I actually did my first parkrun all the way back in 2017 in what the most northern parkrun is currently I have done. I got a time of 32:35 and the main reason I did it was to prove a point. You do not need to buy special clothes to do running. So yes, I wore a T-shirt and a pair of black jeans whilst doing this run. I didn’t think it was too bad. The biggest irony of it is since this I have in fact purchased running shoes, a pair of shorts and a running t-shirt....

iOS 13 - Hands on! (An opinion)

Good evening,  This is my hands on write up of iOS 13. At the moment I have iOS 13 Developer Beta 01 installed on my iPhone X and have been running it for about a week and a half, First let’s look at the key new features. You can check out my gallery of screenshots at the bottom of the post. Dark Mode The one everyone has been asking for, In my opinion dark mode took so long to arrive because of Apples key eye to detail. Every screen, every button and every character has been redesigned and optimized to look its best for the greatest mobile operating system in the world. As you can see in the pictures below the dark mode is applied system wide and can be easily configured to come on automatically with sunset and sunrise or it can be manually triggered in the control center in the same place as you would for Night Shift or True Tone. Reminders Reminders was completely rebuilt from the ground up! With a new more organized home screen. The app automatically groups y...